Camp Fire Central Oregon has a long history of providing financial assistance to families in need. We strive to make all of our programs available to as many youth as possible, regardless of the ability to pay.
We recommend applying for assistance far in advance of the programs you are interested in attending, as funds are limited. Programs are open to all and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical challenges, or sexual orientation.
Assistance will be awarded to those with proven need, dependent upon availability of funds. 100% financial aid is rarely given, so we can meet the needs of as many families as possible. Typical financial assistance includes 25%-50% discount off of the retail price of program fees.
Assistance level is determined using the current school year’s Income Eligibility Guidelines from the Oregon Department of Education for Free and Reduced Lunch.
Special circumstances and previous Camp Fire participation may also be considered. Additional proof of income may be requested.
1. You can apply for financial assistance during the sign up process for any of our programs that require a fee.
2. Sign up for ALL of the sessions that you are currently interested in attending (space is limited and our summer programs fill very quickly).
3. As you register, select the Session Option for Financial Assistance.
4. This option will prompt you to complete/update a “Financial Assistance Form” if you do not have a current one already on file.
5. When you are ready to check out, Proceed to Payment and select “Other Payment Options.”
6. Then select the Financial Assistance Plan so that you will only be required to pay a deposit of $25 (by credit/debit card or e-Check) to hold each of your session reservations.
7. Our staff will be notified when the form is submitted and will contact you within five business days to inform you of the assistance that we can provide and recalculate your balance due and schedule a payment plan.
8. If you are not awarded sufficient financial assistance for your needs, your reservations may be cancelled for a full refund.
If you are currently registered for a program and would like to now apply for assistance to pay for it, you can access the form here. You only need to complete one form per household per season.
Here is a list of some other community resources that some of our participants have been able to receive support from in the past. We encourage you to explore all of the options to receive as much support as you are eligible for. This allows us to stretch our limited resources to support as many families as we can.
If your family has health insurance through PacificSource Community Solutions (OHP) and your child is under the care of a physician for any conditions that could be supported through the programs we offer, you may be eligible for up to 100% reimbursement of your program service fees. Some examples of conditions which have qualified families for this program in the past includes, high BMI, anxiety, or other social/emotional behavior conditions. Please contact PacificSource directly if you think you might qualify.
If you are ready to register for any of Camp Fire’s programs and are not sure if you will be approved for Pacific Source Flex Funds, then go ahead and register for the programs, select the Financial Assistance Option, and complete our Financial Assistance Form. A member of our team will follow up to help you calculate the cost of the programs that you should request for reimbursement.
If your family is working with a Family Access Network Advocate at your school, there may be limited scholarship funds available for participation in our programs. Please contact your advocate to ask.
We are grateful for the support of partners in our community that have provided us with grant funding to support financial assistance:
Young people want to shape the world.
Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are.
In Camp Fire, it begins now.