Camp Fire has a long history of providing financial assistance to kids in need. We strive to make all of our programs available to as many youth as possible, regardless of the ability to pay.
Eligibility is determined on a sliding scale based on family size and household income. We follow the same guidelines as the Bend-La Pine School District uses for free and reduced lunch. We recommend applying early for assistance as funds are limited.
How to Apply
- You can apply for financial aid by registering for any program and then when it prompts you for payment, select “Check or Money Order” as your form of payment. This will postpone payment until after we have reviewed your scholarship request.
- While still logged in to your account, select “Additional Options” from the menu and go to the “Document Center”
- Complete the “Financial Assistance Form”
- We will be notified when the form is complete and will contact you after we have reviewed your request.
If you have previously registered for a program and would like to now apply for aid, you can access the form here. You only need to fill out one form per household per season.
In most cases, the family must pay at least 1/2 of the program costs.
Our Financial Assistance Partners
We are grateful for the support of partners in our community that have provided us with grant funding to support financial assistance:
- United Way of Deschutes County – As an Agency Partner, Camp Fire Central Oregon receives general funding support that makes it possible for us to provide limited financial assistance.
- The Clabough Foundation – Provides funds for scholarships to attend Tumalo Day Camp. Priority is given to families who volunteer their services as camp counselors.
- The Every Kid Fund – Provides funds for scholarships for Camp Fire Membership Dues. Priority is given to consistent participation in Camp Fire programs year after year.